Athletics Ontario Bantam (U14), Midget (U16), Youth (U18) Championship
Hosted by: Brampton Track Club
Date: July 29 – 30, 2017
Location: Terry Fox Stadium in Chinguacousy Park
Meet Director: Frank Bucca
- Last Updated: July 28 @ 10:30pm
- July 26
- Final Schedule is now available. See link below
- July 25: Performance list is now available. Please find the link below.
- Please note that seeds are being reviewed and there will be emails sent out to verify performances that were not listed on Athletics Canada’s rankings.
- Please ensure that implements are being brought to the certification area on the north end of the track (near the 150m start lines) no later than 45min before the start of the event. Please click here for a overhead view of the facility.
- For athletes arriving on Friday, bib numbers can be picked up at the Host Hotel between the hours of 6pm – 8pm.
- Host Hotel: Best Western Plus – 30 Clark Boulevard, Brampton ON
- Registration packages will be available at the North West entrance of the truck during the competition on Saturday and Sunday.
Friday Track Availability
- The track will be open for practice/warm-ups to athletes that are arriving on Friday between the hours of 12pm – 6pm EST.
- The Bantam 80m will not have a semi-final. Finals for the 80m is as stated on the Final Schedule: 4:05pm.
- The 200m for all age groups will have an A+B final unless there are less than 33 athletes that check in for the preliminary round.
- There are 8 athletes in the Bantam Boys 80mH and 6 athletes in the Midget Boys 100mH. As per rule 170.1 in the Athletics Ontario Policies and Procedure the first race for these athletes will be the Championship Race. The following race will be offered as an exhibition and not affect the final standings from the first race.
- The 1500m Steeplechase will have 12 barriers and no water jump. The height of the barrier will be 0.762m/30″. The athletes will go approximately 300m before they approach the first barrier.
- The 2000m Steeplechase will have 18 barriers and 5 water jumps. The height of the barrier will be 0.840m/33″ for the boys and 0.762m/30″ for the girls. The first barrier that the athletes will go over will be the 3rd one in a normal race. Final-Schedule-2017-BMY-Championships
Seeding for Championships
- Only Outdoor Performances from Athletics Ontario Sanctioned/Approved meets will be automatically accepted as seeds for this championship. Meets outside of Ontario that have been accepted into the Athletics Canada rankings will also be accepted. In both instances, when entering your athletes into this meet, Trackie will auto populate this information.
- If you would like to enter a slower seed or a seed that is currently not on the AC rankings (specifically for a Bantam or Midget athlete that may not have run in a sanctioned/approved meet as it may be the first year to ever compete in a high performance setting), please enter the athlete as normal then email Randolph Fajardo at randolphfajardo.athleticsontario.ca.
- A spectator fee of $5/day for those ages 12 and up will apply.
- All athletes must complete a waiver and have it submitted in order to pick up their bib at registration
- If the athlete has given power of attorney to their club, the club may sign off on the waiver and have it submitted to AO
- For any other information on the meet, including directions to the facility, parking, or accommodations, please look at the technical package linked above
Best Western PLUS Brampton HOST HOTEL
30 Clark Boulevard, Brampton ON
- Two queen beds/one king bed – $119.99 up to 2 people – add $10.00 for each additional person
- Complimentary hot breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking
- Fridge and coffee maker in rooms
- Pool/spa tub (not accessible), exercise room, business centre, laundry facilities
- Non-smoking, not pet friendly
For reservations please call 905.454.1300 x501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the host hotel, please click on the “Hotel Info” button above.
- Registration is now closed. If there are any question/concerns about entries please email Randolph Fajardo at email@example.com
- Final results will be posted after the completion of the meet on Sunday July 30