Date: January 13 – 14, 2018
Location: Toronto Track and Field Centre
- Final schedule is now available. Important change: Women’s Weight Throw will start at 10am on Saturday.
- A note on the Sprint Medley Relay – The running order for the events will be 2-2-4-8.
- LAST UPDATED: Jan 12, 2018 @ 12:15pm
- LAST UPDATED: Jan 12, 2018 @ 1:45pm
- COACHES PASSES: Only registered 2018 coaches will be allowed into the competition area with a coaches pass. Please use the following link to register for your coaches pass. Coaches only need to register once and the pass can be reused for the rest of the indoor season at an Athletics Ontario Championship. COACHES PASS LINK
- Clubs must enter teams in the appropriate age category. Example – a team made up of 4 Midgets must enter the Midget category and may not move up to the Youth category. An athlete may compete in different age groups in different relay events only. For example, an athlete may compete in the midget boys’ 4x200m and the junior men’s 4x400m but the same athlete may not compete in the midget boys’ 4x200m and the junior men’s 4x200m.
- Relay Declaration forms will be available at the registration area or meet directors’ table. Completed declaration forms, with names of the runners in running order, must be turned in to the meet organizers no later than 45 minutes prior to the published or announced start time for the respective events. Only athletes whose names were included on the list of potential relay runners sent to the Entries Chairperson by 3:00 pm on Friday January 12 are eligible.
- In Provincial Championship events the four athletes on the team must wear identical club tops. Small design differences in placement of letters, etc. may be permitted at the discretion of the check-in marshalls and on-track officials.
- The top 6 Ontario teams in each event and category will earn points for their clubs as follows: 1st – 7 points, 2nd – 5, 3rd – 4, 4th – 3, 5th – 2, 6th – 1. There are no limits to the number of teams a club may enter in each event (e.g. 2 teams from one club in the MB 4x200m). However, only one relay team per club will score in each event Other teams from the same club will not block out scoring positions. The team championships in all categories will be decided at this final indoor championship meet.
- There will be a $5 spectator fee at this event for everyone over the age of 12
- Are you midget aged and think you have what it takes to represent Ontario? The Midget Dual qualifier will encompass separate track events for midget aged athletes and serve as the trials for the Midget Dual meet. The Midget Dual meet will be February 17th at TTFC. Please refer to the link above for declaration forms and selection criteria for the Midget Dual Meet.
- Registration deadline is on January 8th at 11:59pm EST.
- Late deadline is on January 11th at 11:59pm EST.
- All athletes must complete a waiver and have it submitted in order to pick up their bib at registration.
- If the athlete has given power of attorney to their club, the club may sign off on the waiver and have it submitted to AO. Click here to get the POA waiver.
- For any other information on the meet, including, directions to the facility, parking, or accommodations, please look at the technical package linked above.