Athletics Ontario Junior (U20) and Senior (20+) Championships
Hosted by: University of Windsor Athletics Club
Date: June 17 – 18, 2017
Location: Alumni Stadium
Meet Director: Brett Lumley
Check In Windows at the Championship
- The standard check-in procedure used at Athletics Ontario Championships will be in use at this meet. Athletes entered in track events must check in at the designated check-in area separately for each event no sooner than 90 minutes and no later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of the race.
- Athletes who fail to check-in as required will not be allowed to compete in the event. Please allow extra time for bad weather, traffic problems, etc. Picking up bib numbers does not constitute a check-in.
- The check-in tent will be setup in the spectator stands at the red Athletics Ontario tent.
- Relay declaration cards will be provided at the check-in tent in the spectator stands
- Coaches must have their relay cards submitted to the check-in tent no later than 30 min prior to the start of the event
100m and 200m
- The Senior Women will not have a semi-final. They will only run a prelim and then go straight to final. Top 3 in each heat plus the next 2 fastest times will advance into the finals.
- The Junior Women, Junior Men, and Senior Men 100m will have a prelim, semi-final and final.
- There will be an A and B final in the 200m. Finals will run slow to fast.
- Both the Senior Men Long Jump and Junior Women Long Jump have large fields of athletes. Both these age groups will have two flights.
- Flights will be split with one having the top seeds and the other with the bottom seeds.
- Both flights will occur at the same time
- Only the top 8 performing athletes from either flights after the first 3 rounds will get an additional 3 jumps
- i.e. flight 1 may have 11 athletes while flight 2 has 10. The top 8 from the total 21 athletes will be given an additional 3 attempts.
Seeding for Championships
- Only Outdoor Performances from Athletics Ontario Sanctioned/Approved meets will be automatically accepted as seeds for this championship. Meets outside of Ontario that have been accepted into the Athletics Canada rankings will also be accepted. In both instances, when entering your athletes into this meet, Trackie will auto populate this information.
- June 17, 2017
- June 14
- Initial performance list is now available.
- Final Schedule is now posted.
- Junior Women 100m will not have a semi-final. It is now prelim to final
- Coaches must hand in relay declaration cards no later than 30min prior to the start of the event. Please pick up your relay cards at the red Athletics Ontario tent located in the spectator stands.
- June 12
- Senior Women Shot Put has been moved from Saturday at 3:30pm to Sunday at 2:00pm.
- Seated SP has been bumped from 9:45am to 10:00am
- June 9:
- Afternoon throws on Saturday June 17 have been updated. JM Discus will now go at 2pm and the SM Discus will be at 3:30pm.
- June 8:
- Updates to para seated throws. All seated throws will now be on Sunday.
- Updates to some registration options on the registration page.
- May 11
- Some updates to the tentative schedule have been made. Please click on the link below to review.
- All athletes must complete a waiver and have it submitted in order to pick up their bib at registration.
- If the athlete has given power of attorney to their club, the club may sign off on the waiver and have it submitted to AO.
- For any other information on the meet, including directions to the facility, parking, or accommodations, please look at the technical package linked above.
- Registration is now closed. Please contact Randolph Fajardo, email@example.com for questions/concerns about registration.