Hall of Fame Committee Nominations
Athletics Ontario is pleased to announce that it will be hosting the 8th annual induction ceremony into the “Athletics Ontario Hall of Fame” in the fall of 2016.
This event will be held in conjunction with the Annual Awards Banquet. We are currently accepting nominations for the Hall of Fame (open and 2000 – 2009 decade category) until March 31, 2016.
Athletics Ontario wishes to recognize past outstanding achievements and contributions to athletics (track and field, road running, cross country and race walking) in Ontario. These contributions are not limited to athletic achievements, but may also represent dedication in the areas of coaching, officiating, or builders of the sport.
- SELECTION CRITERIA: for more information on the Criteria used, please see here:.Selection Criteria -Hall of Fame Inductees
- NOMINATIONS: to Nominate an individual for the 2016 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, please click the following link: 2016 Hall of Fame Nominations FORM
- DEADLINE: the Nomination Deadline is March 31, 2016.
Who is in the Hall of Fame?
- 2009 Inductees
- 2010 Inductees
- 2011 Inductees
- 2012 Inductees
- 2013 Inductees
- 2014 Inductees
- 2015 Inductees
Hall of Fame Committee Members (2016):
Director(s): Lisa Ferdinand
- Barclay Frost, Volunteer
- Paul Gains, Volunteer
- Roman Olszewski, Volunteer
- Val Sarjeant, Volunteer
- George Shepherd, Volunteer
- Ken Porter Jr., Volunteer
- Enrico Toscano, Volunteer
- Sue Wise, Athletics Ontario Staff/ High Performance Manager
- Katie Ozolins, Athletics Ontario Staff/ Executive Director
- Ian Anderson, Chair