Instructor Position – Track and Field
Reporting to the Seneca Community Recreation Coordinator, the instructor will be responsible for instructing and engaging children in a recreational sports setting.
• Delivering a detailed sport program that will teach specialized skills in the following program areas:
– Track and Field Program – ages 6-12 years, 11 weeks total (September – December 2017)
• Developing detailed daily program plans to ensure that children learn new skills and develop self-confidence in an educational, fun and supportive environment
• Active involvement in the operation and delivery of daily program
• Supervising children under the guidance of the Program Coordinator
• Participation in staff training.
• Customer service, responding to parent questions and concerns-ensuring participant/customer satisfaction
• Experience working with children 6 – 12 years of age as well has a strong knowledge in the program area.
• Must have (or be willing to obtain) NCCP Foundations Introduction Course (Run, Jump, Throw, Athletics Ontario)
• Must have experience in their chosen field/area (eg. Track and Field participant)
• Standard First Aid and CPR
• High Five – Principles of Healthy Child Development (not mandatory, but preferred)
• Valid Police Check – Vulnerable Sector Search
Compensation: $12.25 per hour – 2.5 hrs per week (September – December 2017)
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Seneca Community Recreation
Kim Beno – Sports Program Coordinator
1750 Finch Ave East
Phone: 416-491-5050 ext 22305
Deadline for application is Friday September 1st, 2017
Program start date is Thursday September 14th, 2017