Athletics Ontario – Provincial Sport Organization Policies & Resources
AO Governing Documents
Athletics Ontario and all organizations affiliated with the AO including, but not limited to Leagues, Clubs, Associate Members, and all AO Registrants are governed by, and subject to, where applicable, the following AO Governing Documents:
- AO Bylaws: The AO By-Laws provide the structure and framework for the governance of AO. The By-Laws are approved by the Board of Directors.
- AO Policies: (UPDATED DECEMBER 2017) An AO Policy is a position adopted by the Board of Directors that directs a definitive course of action for the organization to enhance consistent decision making throughout the organization. The AO Operational Procedures are the specific methods or processes used to implement the policies of the organization.
- AO Policies shall be developed by Staff and approved by the Executive Director and Board of Directors. When required, the development and approval of some Operational Procedures may be delegated to other groups/Committees.
- Governing Documents of IAAF & AC: The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) is the International Sport Governing Body. Athletics Canada (AC) is the National Sport Governing Body in Canada.
- Letters Patent and Supplemental Letters Patent
- Articles of Amendment
|Discipline Policy||Updated March 2017|
|Dispute Resolution Policy||Updated March 2017|
|Harassment Policy||Updated February 2017
|Concussion Management and Return to Play Guidelines||Updated February 2017|
|Equity and Inclusion Policy||Updated February 2017|
|Accessibility Policy||Updated February 2017|
|Team Selection Policy||Updated March 2017|
|Code of Conduct:||Updated February 2017|
|AO Athlete Transfer Policy||Existing and Updated|
|Membership Policy||Updated March 2017|
|AO Governance Policy||Updated May 2015|