Athletics Ontario – Provincial Sport Organization Policies & Resources
AO Governing Documents
Athletics Ontario and all organizations affiliated with the AO including, but not limited to Leagues, Clubs, Associate Members, and all AO Registrants are governed by, and subject to, where applicable, the following AO Governing Documents:
- AO Bylaws: The AO By-Laws provide the structure and framework for the governance of AO. The By-Laws are approved by the Board of Directors.
- AO Policies & Procedures: (UPDATED MARCH 2017)An AO Policy is a position adopted by the Board of Directors that directs a definitive course of action for the organization to enhance consistent decision making throughout the organization. The AO Operational Procedures are the specific methods or processes used to implement the policies of the organization.
AO Policies shall be developed by Staff and is approved by the Executive Director and Board of Directors. When required, the development and approval of some Operational Procedures may be delegated to other groups / Committees.
- Governing Documents of IAAF & AC: The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) is the International Sport Governing Body. Athletics Canada (AC) is the National Sport Governing Body in Canada.
How to Find What You’re Looking For:
The AO Policies and Procedures Procedures have been separated in the table below by Section with a title of each Procedure as a quick reference to the content in each section for easier navigation.
Table of Contents:
ORGANIZATION ACCOUNTABILITY & TRANSPARENCY
|Ethics and Morality||Updated September 2016|
|Operational and Financial Policies||Updated May 2017|
|Discipline Policy||Updated March 2017|
|Dispute Resolution Policy||Updated March 2017|
|Harassment and Abuse Policy||Updated February 2017
|Concussion Management and Return to Play Policy||Updated February 2017|
|Equity and Inclusion Policy||Updated February 2017|
|Accessibility Policy||Updated February 2017|
|Selection Policy||Updated March 2017|
|Code of Conduct:||Updated February 2017|
|Athlete Transfer||Existing and Updated|
|Membership Policy||Updated March 2017|
|HR Policy Employee Handbook||Updated February 2016|
|AO Governance||Updated May 2015|
- Volunteer Screening & Resource Handbook *updates to come 2016
- 2001 – Safe Steps – Screening Guide
- 2012- Screening Handbook
- Federal Law & Social Policy (part of screening doc.)