Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education Administrative Support – Track & Field
The University of Toronto is seeking a candidate to fill the casual position of Administrative Support for the Varsity Blues Track & Field program.
Reporting to the Manager of Intercollegiate Sport and supervised by the Head Coach, Track and Field the key roles and responsibilities include:
- Assists with day-to-day cross country/track & field activities including all logistics around team/coaches meetings. Takes minutes where necessary.
- Oversees the logistics of team travel including but not limited to
- Booking of vehicles (van/buses) with the travel coordinator
- Completing all travel itineraries and room allocations where applicable for the travel coordinator 10 days prior to travel
- Coordinating and submitting all appropriate travel expenses within two weeks of travel
- Takes the lead on ensuring all meet entries are completed prior to deadlines
- Assist with the submission of day-to-day expenses by the appropriate deadlines.
- Is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory counts on all apparel and equipment.
- Assists with the distribution of all team-related gear (sideline apparel/uniforms)
- Works collaboratively with the AC facilities team to ensure that all track equipment/track storage area, is kept clean and safe for participants/staff. Program Liaison
- Acts as a liaison for the program to the following Faculty departments:
- Events team for all home cross country and track & field events
- Facilities team for set-up/take-down/conversions/facility bookings
- The integrated support team (head therapist, lead fitness & performance coach) in facilitating IST meetings.
- Working directly with the Assistant Manager, Athlete Services, provides administrative support for the program which includes but not limited to:
- Ensuring all student-athletes have completed their VBRS registration
- Ensuring all student-athletes and coaches have completed all mandatory training requirements as outlined by the University, OUA and U SPORTS.
- Helps coordinate on-campus recruitment visits Communication & Media
- Working directly with the Manager, Intercollegiate Events, Marketing and Communications and Coordinator, Athletic Communications, works to ensure that o The scheduling of all mandatory team sessions
- including photo shoot, media days, social media training.
- Confirming the names of the rosters that are posted online.
- The policies for posting on social media, including recruiting announcements are followed
- The submission of all entries and results for all invitational meets are sent prior to the competition.
- Assists with the submission of all cross country and track & field award information to the OUA and/or U SPORTS.
• University degree preferably in kinesiology or physical education or equivalent experience.
• Sport administration/sport management experience an asset
• A valid police reference check. Please send your resume/CV with a cover letter with three references to Steve Manchur, Manager Intercollegiate Sport via email at [email protected].
Compensation: Up to 24 hours per week $15.50/hr starting September 5 to December 8, 2023. Deadline for application: Tuesday August 22 at 5:00 p.m. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.