The 2019 Athletics Ontario Outdoor Championship season is upon us, and coming up this weekend is the Provincial and National Combined Events Championships. The event will be hosted at the University of Toronto’s Varsity Stadium, and will feature some of our country’s top multi-event athletes.
All U20 and Open athletes who enter this Combined Events Championship will be part of the National Championship. In addition, all Ontario and Quebec athletes will be part of their respective provincial Championship. All U18 athletes who register, will be competing ONLY for their provincial title.
- Coaches: Coaches passes will be available onsite. Please ensure you are registering for a pass by clicking here. Any questions regarding passes for the weekend can be forwarded to Bob Westman firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spectators: There will be a $10 fee for the weekend to enter the viewing area
- Merchandise: We will have merchandise available for sale. Please bring cash or credit card to make a purchase.
- Results: We will have live results available for the duration of the meet: https://athleticsontario.ca/statistics/results/live/2019/outdoor-0615-ocsm2/index.htm
Event schedule, technical package and other important information is available on our Championship page.
As always, we have a fantastic line up of athletes ready to compete at the meet.
Athletes to Watch For:
Mark Skerl, Monte Cristo Track Club
- Mark was named an All-Ontarian in 2018
- Recently competed at 2019 OFSAA Championships, earning gold in the Junior boys 100m Hurdles, with a time of 12.95s
- He won the U16 Boys Pentathlon last year and will be competing for the first time, in the decathlon, as a U18 athlete
Taylor Ehrhardt, London Western T.F.C.
- Seeded highest with a points total of 7,715
- Recently competed in Speed River Inferno Men’s 100m Hurdles, finished second with a time of 14.60s
Dallyssa Huggins, Unattached Ontario
- Named a 2018 All-Ontarian in both Combined Events, and Jumps
- She competed in the Canada Summer Games and is one of our top ranked female Combined Events athletes in the province
- She won gold in the Open Women’s Combined Events Championship last summer with a total of 4,764 points
Jean Claude Van Biljon, Ottawa Lions T.F.C.
- Won the Open men’s division of the 2018 Athletics Ontario Outdoor Combined Events Championship with 6,621 points
We also have a number of athletes from outside provinces attending to compete in the Athletics Canada Combined Events Championship, and we welcome all of them and want to wish the best of luck to everyone.