(1) Upcoming Courses:
This is your last chance to sign up for our April NCCP Coaching Workshops with some of Athletics Ontario’s finest Learning Facilitators!
Athletics Ontario is offering a variety of coaching courses this spring. For more details, please check out our coaching courses page here.
Presenters include Desai Williams (Sprints, Hurdles, Relays), Richard Parkinson (Throws), Adrian Roberts (Strength & Conditioning), Gregory Portnoy (Jumps), John Stevenson (Endurance), Jim Catton (Run Jump Throw Wheel) and Sue Wise (LTAD, Energy Systems, Basic Mechanics, Planning a Practice, Creating a Seasonal Plan, and much more.
- DEADLINE: Monday April 11, 2016
- DATES & COURSES: (all will be presented at the Toronto Track and Field Centre): Click on the links below to register for a specific course or for more details, please visit:http://athleticsontario.ca/coaching-courses/
- April 16, 2016: Run Jump Throw Wheel
- April 16-17, 2016: Sport Coach
- April 16-17, 2016: Club Coach
(2) *Free* Training Day & Workshops at TO Track & Field Centre:
FREE TRAINING DAY (anyone):
Athletics Ontario has booked the entire TTFC for Sunday April 17th for Coaching Courses, so we are going to offer a Free Training Day to any AO member. It will be $5.00 cover fee for non AO members.
WORKSHOPS (athlete development):
In addition, we would also like to host Athlete Development Workshops (1.5 hours) for athletes 11-14 years. These workshops will be free to AO members and $10 for non AO members.
- 10:00 – 11:30 am – Sprints (Desai Williams) – max 20
- 12:00 – 1:30 pm – High Jump (Gregory Portnoy) – max 12
- 1:30 – 3:00 pm – Hurdles (Sue Wise) – max 15
*Athletes should plan to arrive 30 min prior to the Workshop to register.