Athletics Ontario prides itself on being able to provide our athletes the best opportunities to meet our athlete developmental plan. Team Ontario provides athletes new, competitive opportunities to gain the experience needed to compete at the national and international levels. Being chosen for a provincial team is an excellent achievement within a very competitive environment.
As the recognized Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) for Athletics in the province, Athletics Ontario (AO) is committed to providing structured high-performance programming with the overall goal of placing more Ontario athletes on Olympic, Paralympic, World Championship, and World Para Athletics Championship teams and podiums. To achieve this goal, AO has developed a high-performance pathway and plan in full alignment with Athletics Canada (AC) to lead the way for athlete development in the province.
View the full High Performance Plan.
TEAM ONTARIO CROSS-COUNTRY
Athletes and/or coaches interested in representing Team Ontario at the 2023 Canadian XC Championship in Ottawa must declare their interest to be eligible for selection.
- Athlete declarations are due by the deadline of Monday, November 13th at 11:59 p.m. ET. No exceptions or extensions.
- Coach expressions of interest must be sent by to [email protected]. Applications must include a resume (AO membership number, NCCP certification level, and experience) with the subject line of the e-mail to read 2023 Canadian XC Championship: Coach Application. The deadline for coach applications is Sunday, October 29th, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Athletes and/or coaches who DO NOT submit their declaration or application by the respective deadlines will be automatically ineligible for Team Ontario Selection. Athletes MUST declare in order to be considered for selection to the team, and coaches MUST submit an application.
- ATHLETE SELECTION CRITERIA: AO Team Ontario Athlete Criteria XC Championships 2023.docx.
- ATHLETE DECLARATION can be found HERE.
- COACH SELECTION CRITERIA: AO Team Ontario Coach Criteria XC Championships- 2023.docx
Please direct any questions to AO’s Manager of High Performance, Angela Whyte at [email protected].