This weekend, we’ll be at the Toronto Track and Field Centre for our third outdoor meet of the summer. This event is for our U20 and Open track and field athletes, our Para athletes, and our U14/U16 Combined Events athletes.
As always, we will be offering live results throughout the meet. You can find them on our website: athleticsontario.ca
Here are a few other important things to note ahead of the meet:
Important Event Info:
- Our Championship Page has all relevant information including the technical package, event schedule, and waiver information
- Merchandise: We will be selling our new merchandise at the meet, cash and credit will be accepted
- Coaches: Ensure your coaching membership is up to date. Passes can be picked up at the Accreditation desk, or you can bring your pass from a previous indoor or outdoor 2019 Championship event
- Spectators: We will be selling spectator admission at a price of $5/day.
We have over 750 athletes registered to compete this weekend, and more than 1,000 event entries. So many talented athletes will be in attendance, here are a few exciting names to watch for:
Athletes to Watch
Tiffany Gaudette, Cruisers Sports
- Just set new Canadian F56 Javelin record with a throw of 11.26m at YUTC Twilight meet this past Wednesday night
- Will be competing in Shot Put, Discus, and Javelin Throw
Myles Misener-Daley, Hamilton Olympic Club
- Team Ontario athlete
- OFSAA Gold medalist and Canadian record holder in the 400m with a time of 45.71 seconds
Caroline Ehrhardt, London Western T.F.C.
- National team athlete, in women’s triple jump
- Will be competing in the triple jump, long jump, and 100m
Damian Warner, Unattached Ontario
- Just won his 5th Gotzis decathlon earlier this season
- Olympic athlete
- Competing in 400m, 100mH, and Discus Throw
Tim Nedow, Ottawa Lions T.F.C.
- Olympic and National team athlete, 2018 National Champion
- Competing in Discus and Shot put
Jillian Catton, Brampton Track Club
- Just won silver in 200m at 2019 NACAC Championships in Mexico
- Will be competing up, in the U20 age category, in the 200m
Gavin Smellie, Flying Angels
- Olympic and National team athlete, competing in the 100m and 200m