Our final outdoor meet of the 2019 season is about to take place, this weekend, at the University of Windsor’s Alumni Stadium. This will be our Championship event for our U14, U16 and U18 athletes.
We will be offering live results once again, and you will be able to find those on our website once the meet begins tomorrow evening.
Important Event Information
We will be offering many important
- Championship Page: All important event information can be found on our Championship page, including the event schedule, technical package, and parking information.
- Merchandise: We will be selling merchandise on site this weekend, and purchases can be made via cash or credit card.
- Spectators: There will be a standard charge of $5 per day for spectator admission.
- Parking: Parking will be free in the stadium lot, as well as at Assumption High School. All other lots at the University are pay and display.
We are so excited to have so many fantastic athletes coming out this weekend, here are a few to keep an eye on.
ATHLETES TO WATCH
Jillian Catton, Brampton Track Club, U18
- Competed on our Canadian U18 Pan American team a few weeks back, earned a silver medal in the Women’s 200m
- Will be competing in the 100m and 200m this weekend
Jadon and Jalon Rose, Mississauga Olympians, U18
- Two of our fastest U18 male sprinters, and both were a part of the 4x100m team who broke the provincial relay record at this meet last year
Carson Gauthier, Thorold Elite T.C., U14
- Just set new AO record last weekend in U14 Boys Javelin Throw, distance of 49.53m (old record was 42.23m)
- Will be throwing Javelin this weekend, hopes of surpassing the 50m mark
Harley Martin, Saugeen T.F.C., U16
- Will be competing in four events: Discus Throw, Hammer Throw, Javelin Throw, Shot Put
Alexa Windle, Brantford T.F.C., U18
- Competing in the Shot Put, Hammer Throw, and Discus Throw
- She won gold in all three of these events last year in her second year as a U16 athlete
Emma Pegg, Windsor Legion T.F.C., U18
- Just competed at Nationals, in the U20 Women’s 800m, earned herself a bronze medal