2021 AO Membership Registration Overview
Coaches Registration for 2021 is open!
COACHES & ASSOCIATES
*NOTE: Clubs, as well as one coach from each club, will need to complete the 2021 registration process before they can begin to register their athletes. This does not apply to unattached members.*
IMPORTANT NOTICE – New 2021 Requirements
As introduced at our 2020 Annual General Meeting, we have revised our Membership Policy and it includes new club and coach requirements. All policies are constantly under review by the board and additional changes may arise in the future.
2021 COACH REQUIREMENTS:
- Criminal Background Check – an annual requirement for registering as a Coach. You may submit yours to your Club Registrar or to [email protected]. Athletics Ontario is pleased to be able to offer a fast, convenient and credible online method to request and obtain your police check electronically. For more information. Please visit http://trackiereg.com/2021-AO-Screening for details.
In accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA), youth records will only be released to federal, provincial or municipal government agencies. Record checks for young persons won’t be conducted for any other purpose. Therefore, annual criminal record checks will not be required for minor coaches (under the age of 18).
- NCCP Safe Sport – This module must be completed and valid. To register for this FREE online module, please visit https://thelocker.coach.ca/
onlinelearning#SS (See instructions for registering in your Locker below)
- Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders Certification – This module must be renewed every 4 years. Register at: https://athletics-canada-al.
respectgroupinc.com/ (See instructions for crediting in your Locker below)
2021 ASSOCIATE REQUIREMENTS:
- Criminal Background Check – an annual requirement for registering as an Associate. You may submit yours to your Club Registrar or to [email protected].
- NCCP Safe Sport – This module must be completed and valid. To register for this FREE online module, you must have an NCCP account. If you don’t have one, please visit https://thelocker.coach.
ca/account/login?mode=login. (See instructions for registering in your Locker below). You can then take the e-learning module at https://thelocker.coach.ca/ onlinelearning#SS
You can review the revised Membership Policy, as well as our other policies, on our website.
NCCP Safe Sport Step-By-Step Instructions
Once you click on this link: https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SS
Scroll down the page until you see the following and complete the following steps:
Select “Sport”, then choose “Athletics” from the dropdown menu, and then click on the “roles” you are involved in, then click on the “Continue” button that appears, once you make your selections.
Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders Certification – Credit in your Locker!
This module must be renewed every 4 years. Register at https://athletics-canada-
2021 MEMBERSHIP FEES:
Click here for the Membership Fees Breakdown.
*PRICES INCLUDE 13% HST (REG.NO. 104002357 RT)
Rowan’s Law – Concussion Awareness
Additionally required this year is that all members to review the Ontario Ministry’s Rowans Law concussion awareness information and sign off that they have reviewed the mandatory information. The information is available on the Safe Sport page of our website: https://athleticsontario.ca/safe-sport/
2021 Downloadable Forms:
- 2021 Membership Fees
- Athlete Membership Registration Form
- Coaches, Associates & Officials Membership Form
- Club Affiliation Form (New Clubs only)
- Power of Attorney Form (for athletes under 18 years of age as of January 1, 2020)