- The closure of ALL indoor sports and recreation facilities, including gym facilities.
- The wearing of face coverings indoors – and outdoors when a distance of 2m cannot be maintained.
- Outdoor sports and recreation facilities may remain open, with the provision that all participants maintain a distance of 2m. Indoor bathrooms and change rooms are permitted to be open to support outdoor activities – and if there is a spectator event, the cap is at 50% of total allowed capacity and they must wear face coverings.
- Outdoor training is not part of the restriction of the outdoor gathering limit of 10 people, as it is considered an organized event vs. a private social gathering.
- As an organized outdoor training event, the organization must have a Covid Safety Plan, including recording the name/contact information of each participant at each session. To learn more about creating a Covid Safety Plan, here is a great resource: https://www.ontario.
- There is no vaccine requirement for organized outdoor training, however individual clubs may choose to enforce the vaccine requirement at their discretion.
A full list of measures can be found in the news release.
Technical Briefing: Modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen – Presentation Slides:
COVID-19 Public Health Measures and Advice: