Athletics Ontario is seeking a Manager of High Performance.
AO is an athlete-centered, club and community-based, volunteer-driven organization committed to athlete development.
Our key goals are to promote and encourage participation from the grassroots level through to the very highest level of proficiency; to assist coaches, officials and club executives in fulfilling their goals; and to establish an authority, which can voice the concerns and desires of members to the appropriate bodies.
The Manager, High Performance is responsible for the development and delivery of a provincial high- performance strategy that is aligned with, and feeds into, the Ontario High Performance Sport Initiative (OHPSI), Quest for Gold (QfG), and NextGen initiatives. Working collaboratively with Athletics Canada (AC), the Canadian Sports Institute – Ontario (CSIO), and the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport (MTCS), the role will provide performance profiling initiatives, provincial athlete and coach development, and high performance planning.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in sport science (post-graduate preferred)
- Background in coaching and assessing athletic talent
- Experience in, and understanding of, a broad spectrum of Athletics disciplines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the provincial and national sport landscape and systems, including funding opportunities
All interested parties, please read the full MANAGER, HIGH PERFORMANCE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Applications should be sent in confidence by Sunday December 6th to email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. AO promotes Employment Equity.