The Ontario government has announced that the province will move into Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, June 11, 2021.
Read the province of Ontario’s full announcement here. More details on the Re-opening of Ontario are available here.
Allowances under stage one pertinent to AO members:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 10 people;
- Outdoor fitness classes, outdoor groups in personal training and outdoor individual/team sport training to be permitted with up to 10 people
- Day camps, campgrounds, Ontario Parks, horse racing, speedways, outdoor pools, zoos, splash pads allowed
What does this mean?
- Outdoor training is permitted in groups up to 10, including with persons outside of your household
- Coaches are included in the total group number (ex. 9 athletes, 1 coach)
Athletics Ontario still recommends the rule of 2/3, meaning that, at all times, 2 of the 3 rules should be adhered to:
- Be Outside
- Wear a Mask
- Social Distance