Become and Athletics Ontario Road and Trail Member!
Register here ! This is a newBecoming an Athletics Ontario member also grants you as an Athletics Canada member.
Road and Trail members have exclusive access to The Trillium Running Series where members will be reward both participation and performance in our Trillium Running Series Events!
Members may also be invited to share tales from the road and trails in an interview on our New Trillium Running Podcast!
Athletics Ontario is also working on offering a Facebook forum, year end group run, breakfast, and Athletics Ontario branded gear! Follow our Instagram Page here!
*The Athletics Ontario Road and Trail membership does not permit access to compete for your clubs at our sanctioned track and Cross Country events or for rankings. However you are always welcome to upgrade your membership anytime should you wish to dip your toes into the track or cross country field!
Sanctioned Running Events
Look for this Logo when selecting your next event!
Athletics Ontario promotes road and trail running, and provides runners of all ages and abilities the opportunity to achieve personal excellence through programs and services founded on the principles of safety and fair play. All AO Sanctioned races will display this logo and are also listed on our Road/Trail Race Calendar. These races have agreed to abide by Athletics Ontario sanction criteria which helps you to determine which races offer the enhanced attention to detail for your safety. Should you participate in a race where you feel the conditions breached your safety please contact [email protected]
For course accuracy, race directors go through Athletics Canada course certification to ensure your race is measured accurately. For a list of those races, check out the Athletics Canada Certified Courses List.
Trillium Running Series (new format for 2022!)
The Trillium Running Series celebrates participation in all Athletics Ontario Sanctioned running events!
If you would like to inquire about joining the series please register as an Athletics Ontario member or contact [email protected]
Trillium Running Podcast NOW LIVE!
Making strides towards a thriving and inclusive running community in Ontario ~ All people, all speeds, all terrains, all abilities are welcome.
This weekly podcast will be aired each Thursday where we will be interviewing Athletics Ontario Athletes, Race Organizations, and key influencers in the running community to share tips tricks and trails from the road and trails here in Ontario.
Check back here for weekly links.
AO Strava Running Club
Athletics Ontario is on Strava! Our Strava group is an open club for any road runners and/or walkers in Ontario, you do not have to be an Athletics Ontario member to join!
Compare and track your training or time trials against other members of the road and trail community across the province using the weekly leaderboard. Join our Strava club and connect with thousands of other Ontario athletes through the sport we all love!
Virtual Time Trial Series
We are pleased to offer a variety of virtual time trial options through out the year.
We were very excited to offer a Bi-Weekly VIRTUAL Time Trial Series from June 1-September 17, 2021. Each two-week segment offered you the option of running/walking a short course (400m-3000m) or long course (800m – 10,000m). In addition to ranked results on Race Roster, we provided Age-Graded% results via our website.
Thank you to our Sponsors WealthSense, Runners Edge, and The Runners Shop for providing a variety of prizes to our Athletics Ontario members who participated in the Virtual Time Trial Series Participants
Virtual Race Safety Recommendations
- Follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus
- Complete your race solo. Do not run with anyone else, unless they live in your household
- If you are running with someone from your household, run single file, allowing others to pass you easily and safely
- Pre-plan your route with safety in mind. Websites like https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ can help you source the correct distance and allow you to pick routes with the least amount of busy street intersections
- Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day
- Adhere to social distancing practices while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Complete your run on a treadmill, if this is an option that is available to you and that you would prefer
- Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather
- Bring fuel, hydration and hand sanitizer, avoid public water fountains
- Carry a cell phone with you during your virtual race and tell someone the route you are running in case of an emergency