Home | Road/Trail Race Calendar | Road/Trail Race Sanctioning Application | Virtual Events | Virtual Time Trial Series | Athletics Ontario’s Road & Trail Return to Competitions Guidelines | 2021 Virtual Race Director Summit | AO Strava Running Club
If you are planning to host a virtual race or event, please fill out the Virtual Race Application instead of the regular sanctioning application.
Virtual Race Safety Recommendations
- Follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus
- If you are running with someone from your household, run single file, allowing others to pass you easily and safely
- Pre-plan your route with safety in mind. Websites like https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ can help you source the correct distance and allow you to pick routes with the least amount of busy street intersections
- Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day
- Adhere to social distancing practices while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Complete your run on a treadmill, if this is an option that is available to you and that you would prefer
- Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather
- Bring fuel, hydration and hand sanitizer, avoid public water fountains
- Carry a cell phone with you during your virtual race and tell someone the route you are running in case of an emergency